Hello there! My name is Mrs. Schenkelberg and I am so excited to
work with your family this year! I have been teaching since 2009 and have been at Gilder since the
start. I love being a part of our
amazing Gilder community!
I have taught fourth, sixth, and a
5/6 combo grade in the past and am
looking forward to teaching sixth grade
again this year!
I have a Masters degree
from the University of Nebraska at
Omaha in Literacy (reading and writing)
and I love to teach both!
I have been married since 2009 and have two beautiful daughters: a five
year old and one year old.
- I like to create new things with
- I will ask my students to read a lot of
- I love Dove
- My favorite book in elementary school
was The Phantom Tollbooth. I
still love it.
- I am fascinated by brain science and
learning how to best teach the
- I love to have fun while I teach!
Let's have a GREAT year!